The position disposes of and covers refuse with the use of heavy equipment, such as compactors, scrapers, dozers and other related equipment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where appropriate.
- Operate a scraper to adjust depth of cut, to raise and close filled can for hauling, and to spread or dump earth.
- Operate tractor equipped with concave blade attached across front to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads.
- Grade or redistribute earth, aggregates or materials for the construction or repair of structures, highways, and roads.
- Maintain access roads to the landfill.
- Monitor vehicles as they enter, unload and leave the landfill.
- Inspect tires, lights, brakes, fuses and fluid levels and submits equipment condition reports.
- Determine the causes of operating errors and decides on the appropriate course of action.
- Adhere to all TDS safety policies, procedures, and instructions from Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to operate hand tools, headsets, etc.;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to read and interpret survey markers and stakes to meet set standards;
- Understands stakes and guidelines on the ground or is able to position equipment following the hand signals of an assistant;
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications;
- Must have basic math skills and the ability to follow instructions and work independently;
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- One to two years of heavy equipment operation experience, operation of landfill compactors, dozers, scrapers, motor graders and loader
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Bilingual in English and Spanish