The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the owner of the agency. These duties will include the following: Answering incoming calls; Checking messages; Assisting in the submission of applications; Doing status calls to the various insurance companies to follow up on Sold applications as well as securing missing information; Returning client calls and handling customer service issues and complaints; Maintain (On Excel) an Application Log and To Do List; Assist with Client proposals including running Medicare quotations on various company’s websites; Assist in completion of various carrier's licensing and appointment paperwork; preparation and mailing of client birthday cards; ordering of supplies, office and otherwise. This position requires a highly organized individual, someone who is good at multi-tasking, working in a fast paced environment, all the while maintaining a great attention to detail. Owner desires someone who can work with little to no direction (Once trained of course).
- 2+ Years proven experience supporting a high level executive(s).
- Keen attention to detail, follow-up and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and phone skills required.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Particularly in Word and Excel).
- Prior experience in life and health insurance agency Preferred, but not mandatory.
- Associates’ degree (Or some college at least) Preferred. Bachelor’s degree a plus!
- Starting hourly rate commensurate with Experience!
- Desired hours: Three days per week min. (Mon.-Thursday); 9-5 PM (1 Hour for Lunch).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour