Ranch WorkerJOB SUMMARY
The Ranch Worker assists with caring for numerous exotic species and cattle and performs daily ranch tasks in order to maintain the property in good working condition.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist with caring for exotic species and cattle.
- Perform daily ranch tasks, including predator control, fence repair, pen construction and maintenance, and land care.
- Assist with wildlife operations, including capture, culling, etc.
- Operate ranch vehicles, with and without trailers.
- Comply with ranch procedures and company safety policies.
- Immediately report accidents or safety incidents to the Ranch Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- At least six months of experience working on a ranch or farm
- Must have dependable transportation
- Availability to work weekends and holidays, as scheduled
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic
- Track record of dependability
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with exotic wildlife
- Experience working with cattle
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on a current motor vehicle report (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations