The position assists with maintenance on all company assets, overhauling minor components and installing replacements. The position will assist all mechanics with electrical, hydraulic and computer diagnostics, scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance and responding to service and road calls.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Assist with maintenance repairs as directed by the Maintenance Team.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks as directed by the Maintenance Team.
- Document all repairs.
- Learn basic mechanical techniques, torques, and procedures
- Requisition parts as necessary.
- Conduct failure analyses and report findings to maintenance management.
- Wash trucks and equipment and keep shop areas cleaned.
- Take care of minor tasks such as changing light bulbs, wiper blades, and mud flaps.
- Report immediately any safety violations and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- Must possess tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior shop experience
- Basic knowledge of automotive parts
- Mechanical aptitude with a desire to learn
- Aptitude for maintaining and repairing equipment
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations.