The Concrete Carpenter & Form Setter will assist the Concrete Foreman with project layout and construction. This position will also measure and cut materials to build forms for pouring concrete to construct foundations and other concrete structures; shoot elevation; and participate in general construction labor tasks, such as site clean-up.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedule use of materials and associated equipment for carpentry work.
- Assist Concrete Foreman with project layout and elevation shooting.
- Measure and cut materials to build forms for pouring concrete.
- Operate electrical, air-powered and regular hand tools.
- Spread, rake and finish concrete.
- Perform general construction labor tasks – e.g. site cleaning.
- Assist with fabrication.
- Accurately interpret blueprints, specifications and project plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of six months’ experience performing concrete carpentry for industrial and commercial projects;
- Knowledge of concrete and rough carpentry;
- Knowledge of the proper operation of hand tools;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and project plans;
- Ability to perform basic math calculations; and
- Willingness to work some weekends and holidays as requested or needed.
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Valid Class C driver’s license