The Facility Technician I is an apprentice level position that performs general maintenance in the areas of minor construction, dry wall, masonry, roofing, electrical, plumbing, and buildings, grounds and facilities repairs. This position is required to operate various maintenance equipment, perform monthly building inspections and assist with stocking, unloading and delivering supplies.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Perform general maintenance, as well as buildings, grounds and facilities repairs.
- Operate various maintenance equipment, including but not limited to: pressure washers and lawn maintenance equipment.
- Immediately report safety violations and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Comply with company safety policies and procedures, including using the lock-out/tag-out system before performing maintenance work.
- Perform monthly building and HVAC inspections.
- Perform monthly inspections on fire extinguishers and maintain the accompanying documentation.
- Assist with stocking, unloading and delivering supplies.
- Assist with maintaining property security.
- Document repair operations and time-tracking in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain equipment and tools essential to accomplishing daily tasks.
- Perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or its equivalent or at least two years of relevant experience or completion of a trade school program
- Demonstrated familiarity with the principles and techniques of plumbing repair, wood finishing, painting, electrical work and carpentry
- Working knowledge of the operational characteristics of mechanical equipment and tools
- Working knowledge of lawn maintenance and landscaping procedures
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and forklift
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- At least one year of general building maintenance experience
- Course work or other trades training
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations