The position is responsible for ensuring all current and newly established container inventories are maintained at the proper levels and quality at all sites. This position staffs and manages a team to properly perform on- and off-site welding, fabrication and painting of company- and customer-owned assets while ensuring all employees follow company, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality ( TCEQ) policies and regulations. The position supports all companies and departments in facility and welding activities.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Enforce and administer quality and safety compliance.
- Prioritize and schedule repairs in accordance with operational needs.
- Schedule regular service and repair on department assets.
- Perform quality inspections to ensure proper repairs are made.
- Update the appropriate data base with current and accurate data.
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures.
- Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Manage container inventory acquisitions and disposal.
- Manage repair orders.
- Assign personnel maintenance to jobs based on their capabilities.
- Track special projects.
- Coordinate with outside vendors, current staff and contractors to maintain facility cleanliness and perform needed repairs.
- Report immediately and correct any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Complete annual employee performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and five to seven years of supervisory experience;
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in welding, painting, metal fabrication, with a working knowledge of electricity and electrical components associated with compactors;
- 3-5 years inventory control experience;
- 5-7 years’ experience in compactor repairs, installations and preventative maintenance; and
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in the maintenance and repair of compactors, welding, hydraulic systems and electrical hook-ups.
- Three to five years welding management with knowledge of compactor repair;
- Five to seven years experience in compactor repairs, installations and preventative maintenance;
- Professional training in leadership and management of personnel and assets; and
- ASE or professional certifications in welding and fabrication of metals.
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations