PRE-CAST CONCRETE SUPERVISORJOB SUMMARYThe Pre-Cast Concrete Supervisor oversees the production of pre-cast concrete products. This position trains employees on the safe operation of construction equipment, tools, techniques and skills; directs the daily work of the concrete crew; interprets plans for daily production; inspects equipment and work sites for safety compliance; and enforces compliance with company policy and procedures, as well as with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Train employees in the safe operation of construction equipment, tools and jobs techniques and skills.
- Interpret plans for daily production.
- Supervise the daily work of the concrete crew.
- Inspect all areas for safety compliance and corrects any unsafe practices or conditions, and makes needed corrections.
- Enforce compliance with company and OSHA regulations.
- Inspect all equipment and report needed repairs to Maintenance.
- Compile and report equipment time.
- Submit daily production reports.
- Monitor employee performance, providing corrective direction and, in collaboration with management and Human Resources, conduct disciplinary action when necessary.
- Assist with writing and conducting annual employee performance evaluations.
- Operate plant equipment when necessary.
- Maintain a professional demeanor with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five (5) years of related experience
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the production process in the concrete industry or similar manufacturing environment
- The ability to layout projects and setup daily production
- Experience placing slabs on grade and on metal forms, formwork, walls, tying reinforcing steel
- Experience operating heavy equipment – e.g. forklift, loader
- Must demonstrate ability to determine concrete and reinforcing materials quantity
- Must be able to motivate crews, provide direction, develop and inspire the team to achieve key goals
- Must possess leadership and training skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to apply problem solving skills
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays as requested or needed.
- Intermediate math skills
- ACI Field Technician – Grade 1
- PCI levels I and II
REQUIRED LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
- Valid class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on a current motor vehicle report (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations.