Site Services ManagerJOB SUMMARYThe Site Services Manager supervises personnel and resources to ensure services are delivered safely and efficiently while complying with company policies and procedures. This position also analyzes department metrics to ensure productivity and communicates regularly with drivers to promote safety and a customer-focused culture.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, train and supervise drivers.
- Maintain the level of staffing needed to meet business needs and objectives.
- Schedule daily workloads and ensure routes are completed.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of services and equipment for special events.
- Manage personnel and resources to ensure service is delivered safely and efficiently while complying with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct routine route audits to ensure units are being serviced in a manner consistent with service standards and customer agreements.
- Supervise the use of onboard technology, including the use of tablets and routing software.
- Manage and address employee performance and disciplinary issues in conjunction with senior management and Human Resources.
- Monitor employee hours and logbooks in order to limit labor expenditures and ensure compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of department equipment, including making field repairs and recognizing when maintenance is required.
- Coordinate with the maintenance department to ensure the equipment and yard are maintained and the work site is safe.
- Stay updated on local, state and federal regulations affecting operations of the department.
- Promote and demonstrate safe operational practices and provide safety training or re-training to staff.
- Assist with accident investigations.
- Attend monthly Safety meetings.
- Be available to work weekends or special events as needed.
- Promote and demonstrate a customer-focused culture within the department.
- Seek to improve operational performance and the quality of customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of operations experience, including site services or portable sanitation
- Experience managing staff
- Working knowledge of portable sanitation systems
- Advanced operational skills
- Strong logistical and planning aptitude
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with or the ability to learn software
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Problem-solving ability involving routine and non-routine variables
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
?PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Portable sanitation operations supervisory experience
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations