The Field Service Technician performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. This position will maintain, diagnose and repair company assets, maintain repair order documentation and assist other maintenance personnel when required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Immediately report any safety violations and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Adhere to policies and procedures governing sites and safety.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs as directed by maintenance team.
- Fuel and Lube all equipment on the 8 hour interval.
- Perform Technical Inspections and document findings.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance operations as required.
- Perform field maintenance repairs according to work pending reports, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and Preventative Maintenance (PM) schedules.
- Request parts required as necessary.
- Document repair operations and time tracking in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure service trucks are kept clean, organized, and maintained properly and ready for use at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- One to three years’ industrial and heavy equipment maintenance experience, a technical degree, or military service in a related field;
- Must possess own tools or be willing to purchase tools;
- Must have excellent communication skills; and
- Formal diesel or heavy equipment training.
- ASE Certifications in Diesel Automotive
- John Deer training certificates
- Caterpillar training certificates
- Case training certifications
- Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certified
- Valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Valid Class C Texas driver’s license
- Must provide a Moving Vehicle Report (MVR) showing at least 5 years of clean driving record