The Recycle Laborer assists customers in the resale and recycle centers (also known as the Citizen’s Convenience Center). This position reviews the contents of customer loads, separates recycle from resale items, cleans up spills and directs gatehouse traffic when needed.
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Assist customers in the resale and recycle centers (i.e. Citizens’ Convenience Center).
- Direct and clear traffic for the gatehouse when necessary.
- Review contents of customer loads and set aside items of value that can be recycled or resold.
- Separate recycled and resale items and move them to their perspective designated areas.
- Clean up spills in the gatehouse and resale areas, keeping the area in clean and orderly condition.
- Clean, repair, and price resale items.
- Arrange and display merchandise to promote sales in designated areas.
- Assist customers loading vehicle with purchased merchandise.
- Notify the Landfill Compliance Manager when customer requests to void ticket.
- Assist with other departments or functions, as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- One year of customer service experience
- Ability to work with minimum direct supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to work well in on a team
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience operating small equipment
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations