The All-Lines Claims Adjuster works with customers, claimants, insurance adjusters, insurance agents, law enforcement, security, attorneys and legal personnel to investigate insurance claims to ascertain the extent of liability on behalf of the company. They inspect buildings, locations and automobiles, along with interviewing claimants and witnesses, to determine the amount of money to be paid out.
- Investigate claims and obtain relevant facts and evidence to determine coverage, loss and liability.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims.
- Examine titles to property to determine validity and act as company agent in transactions with property owners.
- Extensive knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- Interact effectively with customers, claimants, insurance adjusters insurance agents, police, attorneys and other public personnel involved in the claims process.
- Assist with analyzing, planning and problem-solving activities to support claim settlements.
- Evaluate the legal and medical aspects of claims.
- Negotiate claim settlements promptly, present recommended settlements for approval and recommend litigation when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Document claim files in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work in compliance with state regulations and applicable jurisdictions.
- Attend educational workshops and seminars to improve skills and stay updated on best practices and changes to laws and regulations.
- Compile and prepare report of findings of investigations.
- Assist with litigation and testifying if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- At least ten years of experience adjusting claims involving commercial vehicles
- Must possess an understanding of mechanical and other operational aspects for equipment and commercial and passenger vehicles in order to be able to assess damage extent and estimate cost of repairs
- Follow contract, property, insurance laws, rules of evidence procedures in legal setting and gather physical evidence
- Strong mathematical aptitude and basic medical knowledge.
- Requires strong negotiation, analytical, decision-making, organizational and computer skills, as well as the ability to work with multi-faceted systems. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite – e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- An engaging, outgoing personality, a passion for helping customers, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form. Professional appearance and demeanor
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- Experience handling sensitive or confidential information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take the required courses to maintain licensing
- Must have reliable transportation
PREFERRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Speak and read Spanish fluently
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Texas Insurance Adjuster – All Lines license
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on a current motor vehicle report (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations