New Haven Assisted Living is seeking motivated individuals to join our caregiving team. At New Haven we believe that our caregivers are the cornerstone of our community and we want to do everything we can to invest in you. We offer certification assistance in addition to a competitive compensation package. Come join us at New Haven today!
Caregiver Job Responsibilities:
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan.
- Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments and may assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus.
- Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice and records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar and encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures; documents medication distribution as applicable, leisure activities, incidents, and observations; reports any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behavior, and visitors; observes and reports the health and emotional condition of each resident; and promptly reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedure; assists or supervises residents who self-administer medication; follows physician orders and state laws to administer medications to residents who cannot self-administer their medications; and exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents; performs general housekeeping; and follows cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, and other areas.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance.
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- On shift meals
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Holiday pay
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift, Night Shift, Overnight Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Motivating others
- Legal compliance
- Bedside manner
- Medical teamwork
- Promoting mental health
- Pain management
- Listening, analyzing information, and focusing on quality
- Physical ability to reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift up to 50 lbs. while avoiding potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPR/FA, 1 & 2 (within 6-12 months of hire)
- Minimum 1+ year(s) professional or personal experience supporting individuals with disabilities, mental illnesses, or challenging behaviors
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be able to complete infection control training and have no communicable diseases
- Must be able to pass criminal background check/drug test
New Haven's core values are integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all you do. We offer the highest quality of residential care and all of our employees embody these ideals. Come join our family today!