The Comfort Suites Kyle, TX Maintenance Technician supports the effective operations of the hotel by maintaining/repairing hotel physical assets in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs on equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, pool, HVAC, electrical, and guest rooms; replace wall board, paint.
- Complete maintenance work orders, take equipment and meter readings, and maintain log to notify next shift, in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Address guest requests/complaints in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Clean and maintain department equipment and work areas.
- Inspect the hotel property in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure everything is in working order.
- Report inventory usages and shortfalls to department management.
- Respond to emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters, and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities in accordance with established procedures.
- Proactively identify safety hazards and report these to department management.
- Resolve elevator breakdowns in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot and snow removal as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Working knowledge required to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and management.
- Ability to read and understand written operating instructions and work order requirements
- Ability to operate all department equipment safely
- Good command of the English language; second language proficiency desirable
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to follow corporate and brand standards and procedures
- This job operates in a hotel environment. This role routinely uses standard maintenance equipment.
- Use of paint, pool chemicals, oil, pesticides and other chemicals.
- This position works indoors and outdoors.
- 1 year(s): Experience in building maintenance or related industry preferred.
- Technical/other training or better
- High School Diploma / GED or better
- Problem Solving
- Customer Focus
- Planning & Organizing
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks