Business Development Specialist - San Antonio Area
J Bar Enterprises, LLC is looking to add a Business Development Specialist to our ever-growing sales team. The position of Business Development Specialist’s primary focus will be to enter a territory for JBar and to saturate the market with who JBar is, what JBar stands for, and what JBar brings to the table for potential new customer businesses. This position requires the ability to self-initiate on a daily basis, communicate effectively, excel at multitasking, stay organized, and work well under time constraints while paying critical attention to details.
As the primary voice of J Bar in an expanding market, this top performer will need to live out J Bar’s Core Values and act and behave as if they owned the company to achieve the outcome of adding new customers and increasing sales of all rental and service offerings of J Bar.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Salary + Commission
- Location: San Antonio area, Texas
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products and services in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies.
- Service existing clients, handling customer issues promptly and effectively, and report potential claims.
- Manage day-to-day customer relations including setting, tracking, and exceeding revenue targets.
- Develop and establish short-, mid-, and long-term business by providing a professional partnership to customers.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Maintain current customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts.
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, sales meetings, and Chamber of Commerce events as requested.
- Through exceptional negotiation skills, overcome customer objections, issues or concerns as necessary to solidify the sale.
- Continually learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals.
- Prospect and close new accounts consistently month after month.
- Cold call potential clients according to the assigned metrics.
- Generate and confirm appointments through prospecting, building a consistent pipeline to meet sales goals for new business.
- Build value-added relationships with prospects within assigned territory and develop new client accounts to increase revenue.
- Sustain a pipeline of suitable appointments and move prospects through the sales process quickly and efficiently through closing stages.
- Respond to Inside Sales leads.
- Complete the Sales Representative new hire orientation while maintaining and/or exceeding assigned metrics.
- Participate in ongoing weekly team meetings and sales training to continue to enhance product/services knowledge.
- Maintain knowledge of J Bar products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2- year experience required; construction or sanitation industry preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Skills and Requirements
- Achieves/exceeds appointment and Sales Metrics
- Ability to work in a structured and fast-paced team sales environment
- Ability to analyze the needs of a client and provide strategic business solutions
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Product and payroll knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong presentation, organization, multitasking, and time management skills
- Experience with Google Docs, Sheets and Gmail
- 7 days Paid time off per year (12 days after 2 years of service)
- 8 Paid holidays per year
- 401(k) with 3.5% match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Accidental and Disability Insurance
- Dream Manager™ Program (optional)
- Personal Financial Coaching (optional)
- 3rd party counseling services available for all employees and their immediate family members(optional)
J Bar is a rapidly growing rental service company based in Burnet, Texas. With an average yearly growth of 26% yearly for the last 3 years, J Bar is on a steady trajectory to the top of our industry! J Bar’s goal is not just to be a major player in our industry, but to be the premier employment destination in the Texas Hill Country! Our mission, vision, and core values are not just something that we post on a wall and then forget about. We don’t view our employees as a means to build our profits. We view our profits as a means to build our employees both personally and professionally.
Before applying, please take a minute to review our mission, vision, and values. We look forward to meeting you in an interview soon!
The Mission of J Bar Enterprises, LLC is to serve our employees, customers, and the community by living out the example that Jesus set when he washed the feet of those around Him.
Drug free workplace.
You may be required to undergo a background check, a credit check, motor vehicle record check, and drug/alcohol screening depending upon the position for which you are applying. J Bar Contractor's Services will ensure that all background, credit, motor vehicle record checks, and drug/alcohol screenings are conducted in compliance with applicable federal and state statutes
J Bar Contractor's Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.