3RD SHIFT 3:00 PM - MIDNIGHT
The Welder performs welding tasks repairing and maintaining containers. Work is performed on- and off-site in a safe manner. The Welder will also assist maintenance personnel when required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Perform weld repairs and fabrication on assets on and off site as directed by Supervisor.
- Document repair and fabrication projects and track time in accordance with company procedures.
- Request parts and supplies.
- Provide quotes or estimates of the cost of repairs when needed.
- Comply with company safety policies.
- Perform field and shop maintenance weld repairs and fabrication according to work pending reports and VCR schedules.
- Operate forklifts, roll-off trucks and other equipment as required.
- Attend safety meetings.
- Report immediately any safety violations and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- Maintain properly all TDS equipment to include service truck and trailer readiness, safety equipment, and tools.
- Design, fabricate and repair metal while using proper techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- One year of maintenance welding experience including the use of arch, Mig, Stick welders, plasma cutter and acetylene equipment;
- Must be able to obtain any welding certificates needed to perform certain tasks or projects;
- Familiarity with shop equipment i.e. drill press, cranes, grinders and saws;
- Demonstrate an understanding of metal welding theory and practices; and
- Must pass a pulmonary function and respirator fit test.
- Aluminum welding experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License
Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations