ALL LEVEL HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS
HIRING ALL LEVELS
**HEO Level determined by experience**
The position provides oversight and technical expertise with equipment operation and material handling and operates various types of heavy equipment in order to complete construction projects.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Operate heavy equipment, including bulldozers, motor graders, track hoes, back hoes, tractor/pans, articulated trucks, water and roll-off trucks, as well as compactors and other small equipment or hand tools in order to complete construction projects.
- Perform a thorough, daily equipment inspection prior to use.
- Submit equipment reports outlining any major repairs needed, broken or improperly working parts, etc.
- Submit a daily report of tasks and time tickets to the onsite supervisor.
- Perform laborer duties when needed or assigned.
- Comply with the company’s safety policies, as well as Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) and Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience operating heavy equipment (minimum one year);
- Must be able to work without supervision;
- Must understand equipment capabilities and be able to work safely in complex situations;
- Should be capable of operating water, roll-off and service trucks;
- Ability to operate a compactor and other small equipment and hand tools;
- Leadership skills;
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work at other sites when needed; and
- Must be able to read and understand stakes and grades.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- First Aid/CPR training
- MSHA Certified (5000-23)
- Valid Driver’s License
May substitute medium or heavy truck driving experience for heavy equipment operation experience, if so:
- Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
- Valid Medical Card or the ability to obtain one