This position is located at Austin Bergstrom International Airport - must be able to pass ABIA background requirements.
The Operations Service Technician is responsible for servicing containers at customer locations, ABIA, or the Central Business District. This position will use equipment to move containers between the staging area and the waste removal site; empty and clean the containers; ensure the appropriate separation of waste (landfill, recycling and compost); and ensure compliance with the applicable contract.
- Report to work at designated time in company uniform and with required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Communicate in a professional manner with staff.
- Manage and verify contract obligations as assigned.
- Move containers from the staging area to the waste removal area.
- Clean containers.
- Maintain the shoot room where containers are stored.
- Operate equipment to manipulate the containers.
- Maintain appropriate waste separation, e.g. landfill, recycling and compost waste.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Must be available to work scheduled shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends
- Ability to read, write and speak in English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to respond to official inquiries, and make written entries on reports and records and other business-related documents
- Proof of up-to-date Hepatitis B and tetanus vaccination or ability to get one
Required Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
To apply, please visit: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?act=redirectCwsV2&cws=37&org=TEXADISP