The position performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and lubrication on industrial equipment, trucks, trailers automobiles, facilities and any other assets belonging to the company. This position will also handle minor repairs or component replacement while performing quality inspections following the assigned checklist and guidelines.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when and where required.
- Perform preventive maintenance according to the set schedules.
- Comply with safety policies.
- Document preventative maintenance operations and track time in accordance with company procedures.
- Refuel trucks and equipment as required and assist with washing on occasion.
- Request parts required as necessary.
- Maintain service truck readiness including safety equipment, tools, equipment, and cleanliness.
- Assist other technicians with repairs or projects.
- Report immediately any safety violations and correct unsafe acts or conditions.
- Maintain repair order documentation to include repair description, parts and fluids used, and repair times.
- Perform monthly inventories as required.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Must possess own tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- One to three years preventative maintenance experience;
- Basic automotive maintenance skills;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of preventive maintenance requirements on company equipment;
- Familiarity with shop equipment i.e. greases guns, pumps equipment and barrel dollies; and
- Must have an understanding of oil sampling theory and practices.
- Have or can obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Formal training in preventive maintenance operations
- Valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain Department Of Transportation (DOT) Brake Certification
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified, or able to obtain certification