AUSTIN METALS LABORER
The Austin Metals Laborer is responsible for general and regular maintenance in the Austin Metals Yard, as a Laborer, Sorter or Torchman, and will assist the Greenbuilder department when needed.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wears the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Responsible for directing the public, when necessary.
- Sorts and separates metals into the appropriate receptacles.
- Assists the Greenbuilder department when requested.
- May occasionally be required to operate a front-loader to complete tasks.
- Uses a torch to separate metals.
- Complies with company safety policies and with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Immediately reports any safety violations.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of some formal education and at least 6 months of related experience;
- Able to understanding and carry out supervisor instructions;
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, safety rules, short correspondence, and memos;
- Able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets for products used in operations (diesel fuel, engine oil, etc.);
- Basic math skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees; and
- Ability to be forklift certified by the company.
- High school diploma or its equivalent