The Residential Cart Delivery Driver will deliver, swap, residential carts and repairs carts on location. This position will operate the residential cart delivery truck in compliance with government regulations pertaining to trucking and waste operations and will provide courteous, professional service to all customers.
- Report for work at the scheduled time wearing the appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Make repairs to carts in the field, as needed.
- Complete work orders provided for each day in order of priority.
- Ensure the assigned truck is fully-fueled, safe to operate, and that the required paperwork is on board before departing yard.
- Record time and record pictures in the fleet routing software at each stop.
- Perform pre- and post-trip truck inspection, make sure the cab is clean and the Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) is turned in at the end of each shift.
- Must be available for all scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends.
- Responsible for and required to track personal DOT compliance, (i.e. daily hours of service) and to report to the supervisor immediately if in danger of being out of compliance.
- Report any moving violations incurred during work hours to the supervisor at the end of the shift.
- Responsible for and required to report any personal moving violations or accidents to the supervisor within 72 hours.
- Required to maintain both a valid Medical Card and Driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends
- Must have and maintain proof of current Hepatitis B and tetanus vaccination, or obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to demonstrate proficient use of electronic technology within eight weeks of hire date
- Ability to understand and execute work orders communicated via onboard technology
- Ability to read, write and speak in English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make written entries on reports, required logs and records and other business-related documents
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License
Required Licenses & Certifications
- Class C Texas Driver’s License
- Record of safe driving for the last three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations