Ready Mix Driver
The Ready Mix Driver is responsible for transporting concrete to assigned locations. This position performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections, cleans the mixer between loads, visually inspects material consistency to ensure quality and monitors various equipment gauges.CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Load, transport and unload material at assigned locations.
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections with appropriate documentation.
- Clean mixer truck between loads.
- Visually inspect consistency of concrete in mixer to ensure product quality.
- Monitor various gauges during the operation of the vehicle.
- Provide the appropriate documentation on delivery tickets.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage/hour logs.
- Comply with company Safety policies and procedures, as well as traffic laws and regulations.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment and refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
- Responsible for maintaining a valid Medical Card and a valid Driver’s License.
- Regular, punctual attendance.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of medium- to heavy-truck driving experience
- Excellent medium or heavy truck driving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including nights, holiday and weekends
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, coworkers and to assist with issue resolution
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- At least six months of experience driving a mixer truck
- Valid Class B commercial driver’s license;
- Record of safe driving record for the past five years, as shown on a current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR), with no serious accidents or traffic violations;
- Valid medical card or the ability to obtain one.