A Route Helper assists the Rearload driver to ensure the route is run efficiently, productively, and safely at all times and in compliance with all applicable governmental regulations pertaining to trucking and waste operations. This position will provide courteous, professional service to all customers.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to work at designated times in proper company uniform and with required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Know and understand driving hand signals.
- Assist in examining route sheets, identifying new stops and stops not on route.
- Assist driver with reading notes from Residential Supervisor and/or Dispatch and discuss the day's route as needed.
- Assist in the collection of the route as sequenced on the route sheet and/or fleet routing software, noting sequencing problems or changes and recording them on fleet routing software.
- Ensure the truck is clean and well-maintained before leaving the TDS facility.
- Work productively and safely and behave courteously and professionally.
- Must be available for shifts scheduled on weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Basic math functions
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Demonstrate at least minimal computer aptitude
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.