The Site Services Driver will receive work assignments from dispatch under the direction of the department manager. The position will operate a variety of equipment, including trucks, trailers, vacuum systems, and high-pressure washers and will comply with all federal, state and local regulations and with company policies. This position will load, unload, secure and transport site services equipment to and from customer locations, pump and service equipment at customer locations, perform minor repairs in the field, and deliver liquid waste to designated facilities.
- Report to work at designated time in company uniform and with required personal protective equipment.
- Operate the truck or equipment assigned by the management team, which may make temporary substitutions during breakdowns or to fulfill the needs of the department.
- Perform pre-trip inspections to ensure that the assigned truck is fully-fueled and is safe and legal to operate before leaving the yard.
- Complete work assignments in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Record route data either electronically or on paper as required.
- Perform post-trip truck inspection, make sure the cab is clean and the Vehicle Condition Report is turned in.
- Help maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating professionally with customers, clients, co-workers and the management team.
- Available for scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends.
- Maintain Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) compliance and immediately report to dispatch and the supervisor if in danger of being out of compliance.
- Maintain waste manifests ensuring compliance with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulations and in accordance with company policy.
- Report any moving violations incurred during work hours to the Safety Department at the end of the shift.
- Report any personal moving violations or accidents to the Safety Department within 72 hours.
- Maintains a valid Medical Card and a valid driver’s license.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- One to two years related medium or heavy truck driving experience and/or specialized training; and
- Excellent heavy truck driving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision;
- Ability to perform basic math functions;
- Ability to work flexible hours based on route and event schedules;
- Ability to demonstrate proficient use of electronic technology within eight weeks of hire date
- Ability to understand and execute work orders communicated via onboard technology
- Ability to read, write and speak in English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquiries, and make written entries on reports, required logs and records and other business-related documents
Required Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Texas Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
- Valid Medical Card or the ability to obtain one